Burial at Adur and Worthing Council Cemeteries
Durrington, Southwick, Lancing & Sompting Cemetery Burial
A modest burial for only £3902
The cemeteries included in this package are Durrington, Southwick, Lancing and Sompting.
Our modest burial is inclusive of all the third-party costs and funeral directors' fees as listed below:
Third party costs include the following: £2760
- All fees paid to Worthing Borough Council, these include the purchase of exclusive rights for burial £945 and the interment fee £1495.
- Three pallbearers charged at £40 each £120. (One is also supplied with the ceremonial vehicle making a total of four pallbearers.)
- Officiant to conduct the service, religious or non-religious £200.
Professional service fee includes the following: £1142
- We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to bring your loved one into our care within a 20-mile radius. We are also available during office hours for advice and support. (We do not charge extra to bring your loved one into our care).
- We care for all our guests with love and affection as if they were part of our own family and support clients to be involved in the care of their loved ones if they wish.
- Looking after your loved one until the day of the funeral including daily gentle care and attention. This includes dressing your loved one in an outfit of your choice or we can supply gowns.
- Funeral arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home or at our shop premises if you would prefer.
- We endeavour to meet any requests you have with regards to the funeral and we will work to book a date and time that suits you.
- Assistance with the completion of all the legal responsibilities associated with the funeral.
- Choice of two coffins (Traditional wood or Cardboard) both are fully lined and fitted. You may upgrade the coffin for an additional cost.
- Chapel of rest visits at a time convenient to you.
- The provision of a black hearse to transport your loved one to the cemetery.
- The collection, distribution and organisation of all floral tributes, charitable donations and obituary notices.
Durrington Cemetery has a chapel that can be used for a service prior to the burial taking place, there will be an additional charge of £215 for this service.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CEMETERY FEES MAY BE DOUBLED FOR NON-RESIDENTS
At the time of the arrangement you will be required to pay a minimum £1000 deposit with the outstanding balance to be invoiced five days after the day of the funeral. If you are wishing to claim DWP you will need to inform us of this at the time of arrangement.
Tara guided us through an incredibly emotional experience. She was respectful, compassionate, friendly, professional and nothing was too much to ask. I would highly recommend her for any funeral, knowing you and your loved one will be well taken care of. Truly a beautiful soul. Natalie Mardell.