Direct Cremation with Service at Cissbury Barns
A modest direct cremation for only £2358
Our modest direct cremation with service at Cissbury Barns is inclusive of all the third-party costs and funeral directors’ fees as listed below:
Third party costs include the following: £1458
- All fees paid to Worthing crematorium £499.
- Doctors’ Fees (2 x £82 for each doctor = £164, two are required to certify any death). These costs will be deducted if the death has been referred to a coroner.
- Officiant to conduct the service, religious or non-religious £200.
- Service for up to 200 guests for up to 3 hours using the West Barn only £595.
Professional service fee includes the following: £900
- We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to bring your loved one into our care within a 30-mile radius. We are also available during office hours for advice and support. (We do not charge extra for bringing your loved one into our care).
- We care for all our guests with love and affection as if they were part of our own family and support clients to be involved in the care of their loved ones if they wish.
- Funeral arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home or at our shop premises if you would prefer.
- We endeavour to meet any requests you have with regards to the funeral and we will work to book a date and time that suits you.
- Assistance with the completion of all the legal responsibilities associated with the funeral.
- Choice of two coffins (Traditional or Cardboard) both are fully lined and fitted. You may upgrade the coffin for an additional cost.
- Chapel of rest visits at a time convenient to you.
- Private ambulance to transport your loved one to the crematorium after the service at Cissbury Barns.
- The collection, distribution and organisation of all floral tributes, charitable donations and obituary notices.
- Looking after your loved ones’ ashes and returning them to you at a time of your convenience within a 10-mile radius.
Not everyone feels capable of going to the crematorium on the day of the funeral, so we have teamed up with Cissbury Barns to offer you a different type of package.
This involves us bringing your loved one to the barns ready for you and your guests to hold a private service with a celebrant of your choosing.
Cissbury Barns are a peaceful and tranquil venue set high on the South Downs at the top of the Cissbury Estate. Surrounded by beautiful mature trees and far-reaching views the Barns offer a unique setting for larger funeral ceremonies and receptions.
Under one mile from Worthing Crematorium and Durrington Cemetery, it is a unique and flexible space to spend time with family and friends.
The Barns will be exclusively yours for the time you are with us. We can accommodate from 50 to 200 guests and offer a range of catering options and fully licensed bar.
There is easy access from the A24, a large private car park and disabled access.
The hire charge of £700 is for exclusive use of the East and West Barns, private bar, walled gardens and parking for a three-hour period. If the East Barn is not included the hire charge is £595. Each additional hour or part hour is charged at £100.
At the time of the arrangement you will be required to pay a minimum £1000 deposit with the outstanding balance to be invoiced five days after the day of the funeral. If you are wishing to claim DWP you will need to inform us of this at the time of arrangement.
Should you wish to organise a pre-paid funeral plan please add an extra £250 to the above price.
Tara guided us through an incredibly emotional experience. She was respectful, compassionate, friendly, professional and nothing was too much to ask. I would highly recommend her for any funeral, knowing you and your loved one will be well taken care of. Truly a beautiful soul. Natalie Mardell.